Brussels Airlines (SN/BEL)

• Seems as if SN gets more and more caught in the same kind of trap as LH. They used to have never-ending discussions with Vereinigung Cockpit (VC) for almost 4 years, which at the end resulted in some 14 or so waves of strikes. Hope, Belgians will find a satisfying solutions for both parties a little bit earlier. :/

• Since it is only the 2nd strike in the history of Brussels Airlines, I think that there might be less strikes than with LH. However, as said repeatedly in Belgian press. Giving the pilots what they want would have been cheaper than the loss of 10 milion euros which was encountered during these 2 striking days.

Spotting trips took me to: BRU - OST - MXP - FRA - TXL - EIN - AMS

• Since it is only the 2nd strike in the history of Brussels Airlines, I think that there might be less strikes than with LH. However, as said repeatedly in Belgian press. Giving the pilots what they want would have been cheaper than the loss of 10 milion euros which was encountered during these 2 striking days.

Probably, however if you once open this door ...

• In einem mit dem belgischen Fernsehen geführten Interview bringt Lufthansa's CEO Carsten Spohr einmal mehr seinen Unmut über die aus seiner Sicht nach wie vor unbedfriedigende Performance der Tochter zum Ausdruck.

http://www.aviation24.be/airli…action-with-the-belgians/

http://www.aero.de/news-29328/…beiter-zum-Sparen-an.html

Jetstream.png

Jetstream.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Jetstream () aus folgendem Grund: Ergänzender Link

• I really don't understand his reasoning: you should make more profits in order to receive new(er) planes. Fair enough. But, the A330's (except for OO-SFX and OO-SFT) were all bought and used since Sabena. OO-SFM is the oldest A330 in the world which is still actively used for passenger transport. The newer A330's aren't coming yet. Quite often (like, almost every week), one of these A330's is AOG with the consequence that long haul flights are cancelled and about 250 passengers have to be rebooked or refunded. So, almost no profits are made there.

Second point: Brussels Airlines lost about 10 milion euros in Q1 2018, EW lost 200 milion euros in the same period, yet they keep on receiving new planes.

The unions want some clarification too. Spohr wants them to support the better cooperation with EW, still they don't know what that will mean. Personell and aviation enthusiasts are more and more afraid that SN was bought by LH to kill SN and transfer everything towards Germany (mostly Münich and Frankfurt for long haul) or replace everything here by Eurowings (short haul).

• I'm absolutely with you. To me it seems sometimes as if Spohr's overall success in managing his "Premium 5*****plus+ group of airlines" starts to go to his head... During my expat-time in West Africa, SN was always my favorite carrier to book when flying home, far ahead of AF. Instead of investing into a top notch product with a proven, historically grown reputation in the market and to attract more traffic in this - still underserved - area of the world, focus lies on opening yet another loss-making US-destination somewhere.

Jetstream.png

• Well, the reactions on aviation forums are quite harsh on Spohr: no respect for the crew who are working with heart and soul for the company (for example: snow storm, no flights for the entire afternoon and part of the evening: SN crew at ticketing is working to rebook them all and have to be forced to stop at 11 p.m. as some of them have to work again at 6 A.M. the next morning; the pilots and cabin crew who are proud to wear their uniform; ...), the fact that he seems to forget that Belgians are quite nationalistic at some moments and the fact that we rather choose a carrier with an identity instead of a LCC with no identity (even if this costs more). I too, if I can choose between SN or Ryanair on the same route, I am more than happy to pay 20 euros more to fly with SN.

If EW (or the German directors of Spohr at SN, that's probably why Gustin was fired: he fought for his company) decide to kill SN for EW, then some people won't choose to fly EW. The same goes still for Swiss, even after their restart because of what they did to Sabena...

• Im Zuge der immer noch erfolglosen Verhandlungen zwischen der SN-Geschäftsleitung und ihren Piloten kommt es morgigen Mittwoch erneut zu Streikmaßnahmen.

http://www.aero.de/news-29189/…ei-Brussels-Airlines.html

Seit gestern liegt seitens der Geschäftsführung ein neues Angebot auf dem Tisch. Es soll den Piloten demnächst zur Abstimmung vorgelegt werden.

http://www.aviation24.be/airli…and-remuneration-package/

http://www.airliners.de/brussels-piloten-tarifangebot/45346

Jetstream.png

Jetstream.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Jetstream () aus folgendem Grund: Ergänzungen

• That's kind of good news, I don't think that the unions would let the pilots vote on an agreement if they are sure that the agreement isn't sufficient to meet the demands of the pilots.