Brussels Airlines (SN/BEL)

• This wasn't mentioned in the article, so I'll mention it here: SN pilots are already negotiating more than 1 year over these points.

Spotting trips took me to: BRU - OST - MXP - FRA - TXL - EIN - AMS

• SN pilots will strike from Monday to Wednesday next week. Discussions between trade unions and management weren't succesful. The trade unions won't strike tomorrow and friday as they want to bring the passengers during their (possible) holidays during the prolonged weekend.

• Brussels Airlines will lose 10 milion euros on Monday and Wednesday due to the planned strike. About 63.000 passengers are affected and will be rebooked or get a full refund. If the pilots receive what they want, this would mean that the costs of the wages would rise by 25%.

Mother Lufthansa is concerned with the situation at Brussels. The spokesman of LH said that LH is only willing to invest in SN when they make more profit (Q1 2018: SN made a loss of 26 milion euros). Quote from the spokesman: "LH invest where profit is made. If an airline doesn't have the correct cost scheme, then they shouldn't expect some major investments."

The biggest concern of aviation related persons is that this situation won't help the position of SN within the EW-group. This may be very well the reason to integrate SN completely into EW instead of keeping the brand "Brussels Airlines". The decision on the future of SN will be taken at the end of this year or the beginning of next year normally.

• Wie nicht anders zu erwarten, führt der erste Streiktag der Piloten zu massenhaften Flugannulierungen. Seit 09:15 sitzen Geschäftsleitung und Piloten zwecks Beilegung des Konflikts wieder zusammen.

http://www.aviation24.be/airli…ls-airlines-headquarters/

https://twitter.com/JuanitoGod…95931264124379136/photo/1

https://twitter.com/Riadh_B/st…95907332012945408/photo/1

Jetstream.png

• The strike is still continuing and the minister of labour has appointed a "social conciliator" to find a solution on which both parties can agree.

• Seems as if SN gets more and more caught in the same kind of trap as LH. They used to have never-ending discussions with Vereinigung Cockpit (VC) for almost 4 years, which at the end resulted in some 14 or so waves of strikes. Hope, Belgians will find a satisfying solutions for both parties a little bit earlier. :/

Jetstream.png

• Since it is only the 2nd strike in the history of Brussels Airlines, I think that there might be less strikes than with LH. However, as said repeatedly in Belgian press. Giving the pilots what they want would have been cheaper than the loss of 10 milion euros which was encountered during these 2 striking days.

• Since it is only the 2nd strike in the history of Brussels Airlines, I think that there might be less strikes than with LH. However, as said repeatedly in Belgian press. Giving the pilots what they want would have been cheaper than the loss of 10 milion euros which was encountered during these 2 striking days.

Probably, however if you once open this door ...

Jetstream.png